Hut Extension Blog
On 27 November 2017, the Group Executive approved the action to ask our Architects, D & D design Architects Ltd to apply for planning permission.
The plans have been for Apsley members to view & comment on. Mike Penning, our local MP, & a good number of our councillors have seen the plans & voiced the support for our plans.
The proposed extension will significantly add to the existing facilities at the Scout hut with the following key features
- A dedicated internal range for shooting & archery to replace the existing temporary range that will allow all year round activities.
- Improved internal storage for all range equipment
- New dedicated storage at the front of the hut with roller door to improve storage for all camping & activity equipment
- A new external toilet & shower block to support our water activities
- A climbing & bouldering wall on the external section of the range wall
- New, larger kitchen facilities
- Additional internal meeting rooms
- New entrance to main hut with improved safety for our youngsters
Subject to planning permission in early 2018, the Group will then move to detailed planning that will then give an estimate of costs.
If you are interested in joining our fund raising for this exciting new extension then please let David Woodall know.
Please click on the images below to see the PDF of the plans.